ALANKARAM warrants that each of its productsis free from defects in material and/or workmanship. Subject to the limitations and exclusions herein, ALANKARAM, at its sole discretion under the limited one year warranty, will either replace or repair a manufacturing defect with comparable product or components free of cost.
Wood being a natural material will have some flaws or imperfections, which is considered part ofitsnatural beauty. Natural variations in colour, knots, stress marks, etc. are not considered defects of workmanship and materials. Wood surfaces are subject to denting, scratching, etc. if not properly used and cared for. Users should also be aware that all surface finishes mellow with age.
Limitations, exclusions and conditions of Warranty
- The warranty begins with the date of purchase.
- ALANKARAM requires proof of purchase from the original buyer.
- ALANKARAM must be notified of any defect and given an opportunity to remedy it; any remedial work carried out by a third party will nullify this warranty.
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, dents or scratches or usual deterioration that occurs during the course of regular use. Fading, knots opening, cracking and splitting due to normal expansion and contraction of woodon its reaction to climatic changes in its environment are deterioration expected over a period of time and are not covered in the warranty.
- The product has not been misused or handled carelessly and has not been will fully damaged, neglected or used in abnormal conditions, fire, flood, weather, relocation, etc. For example, chairs should be used for sitting purpose and leaning back on its two legs can damage the furniture. Tables should not be used for standing or sitting on. Damages arising from such misuse are not covered.
- It requires that the product has not been modified, altered or transformed in any way.
- Appropriate maintenance must be carried out in accordance with ALANKARAM’s care instructions. ALANKARAM will not be responsible for any defects due to the application of any treatment product that is not recommended by ALANKARAM.
- If a product or its part has to be replaced and that particular product or part is no longer available, ALANKARAM reserve the right to use an alternative similar product or part.
- Wood finishes and upholstery fabrics are not warranted ascare as well as the environment in which it is used generally has more influence on the performance and life of the product.
- These Limited Warranties provide coverage to the original purchaser and do not apply to rented or commercial uses.
- Damage caused by the carrier in-transit, will be handled as per the norms of the carrier and insurance agency. Such damages should be notified on the same day as receipt of the goods.
- The cost of transportation of goods to be repaired or exchanged is covered for India only and only for the first one year.
NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY HAS BEEN MADE OR WILL BE MADE ON BEHALF OF ALANKARAM WITH RESPECT TO THE FURNITURE AND ITS PARTS, OR THE OPERATION, REPAIR, OR REPLACEMENT OF THE FURNITURE AND ITS PARTS.